Higashi Yamate No 12 Building


Details


Address
3-7 Higashiyamate-machi
Phone
+81-95-827-2422
Open Hours
1-12: Mon-Sun: - 09:00-17:00

About this sight

Originally used as the Russian and later the American Consulate, this Western-style building was first built in 1868 and is now listed as an important cultural asset. Now open to the public, the building acts as a research center. Historical items on display focus on foreign settlement in Nagasaki. Many of the documents on show concern various private schools that were built during this period.